The ASUS Zenfone 9 has been announced. The 5G flagship phone has a ZenTouch scroll key in the power button.
The key also has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and functions as a programmable button. The smartphone has a 5.9-inches Super AMOLED display made by Samsung. The screen supports a Full HD+ resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, has a 112% DCI-P3 Colour Gamut, a maximum of 1100 nits brightness, a pixel density of 445 PPI, a 20:9 Aspect Ratio, Always-On Display, HDR10 and HDR10+, and a Delta-E < 1 Colour Accuracy. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. The selfie lens on the front is a 12 megapixels Sony IMX 663 sensor with an f/2.45 aperture, and supports 4K video recording @30fps, and [email protected]
The ASUS Zenfone 9 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, with an Adreno 730 GPU, and has a Vapor Chamber Cooling System. The handset has 8GB/16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. It runs on Android 12.
The main camera array on the rear consists of 2 large sensors, with a 50 megapixels Sony IMX 766 sensor, with an f/1.9 aperture, a 6-axis hybrid gimbal stabilizer, and a 12MP Sony IMX 363 113° FOV Ultra-wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, and supports 4cm Macro Shot, LED Flash. The cameras support 8K UHD video recording at 24 fps, 4K @ 60FPS, and 1080p @ 60FPS.
The ASUS Zenfone 9 retains the 3.5mm headphone jack, has Dual Stereo Speakers, Qualcomm WSA8835 smart amplifiers, 2 microphones with OZO Audio Noise Reduction Technology, and supports Dirac HD Sound. The device packs a 4,300 mAh battery that can be charged from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes, using the 30W Hypercharge Adapter. It charges over a USB Type-C port, supports Quick Charge 4.0, and USB Power Delivery 3.0.
The handset has an Accelerator sensor, an E-Compass, a Proximity Sensor, an Ambient light sensor, a Gyro (Support ARCore), and a Hall sensor. Connectivity-wise, the Zenfone 9 supports 5G and 4G LTE mobile networks, Dual SIM Cards with Dual Standby, Wi-Fi 6/6E 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, Tri-band 2.4 GHz/5GHz/6GHz, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and NavIC location services. The phone measures 146.5 x 68.1 x 9.1 mm. weighs 169g and has been rated IP68 for Water and Dust Resistance.
The rear cover of the phone supports a double tap shortcut gesture to launch apps quickly.
ASUS Zenfone 9 specs
- Display: 5.9-inches Super AMOLED Full HD+, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 112% DCI-P3 Colour Gamut, 1100 nits brightness, 445 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, Always-On Display, Delta-E < 1 Colour Accuracy, HDR10+
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- GPU: Adreno 730, Vapor Chamber Cooling System
- Memory: 8GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Operating System: Android 12
- Main Cameras: 50MP Sony IMX 766, f/1.9 aperture, 1./156″m 6-axis hybrid gimbal stabilizer + 12MP Sony IMX 363, f/2.2 aperture, 113° FOV Ultra-wide angle, 4cm Macro Shot, LED Flash, 8K UHD video recording at 24 fps, 4K @ 60FPS, 1080p @ 60FPS
- Selfie Camera: 12MP Sony IMX 663, f/2.45 aperture, 4K @30fps, [email protected]
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual Stereo Speakers, Dirac HD Sound, Qualcomm WSA8835 smart amplifiers, 2 microphones with OZO Audio Noise Reduction Technology
- Battery: 4,300 mAh, 0 to 50% in 30 minutes, 30W Hypercharge Adapter, QC 4.0, USB Type-C, PD 3.0
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint reader
- Sensors: Accelerator, E-Compass, Proximity Sensor, Ambient light sensor, Gyro (Support ARCore), Hall sensor
- Buttons: Programmable power button, ZenTouch Scrolling key, Double tap on the back
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, Dual SIM Cards, Wi-Fi 6/6E 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, Tri-band 2.4 GHz/5GHz/6GHz, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and NavIC
- Dimensions: 146.5 x 68.1 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 169g
- Rating: IP 68 Water and Dust Resistance
- Colours: Moonlight White, Starry Blue, Midnight Black, Sunset Red