ASUS has launched its gaming flagship phones in India and Europe. The series has two models, the ASUS ROG Phone 6 and a Pro model.
Both phones are equipped with a 6.78-inches Full HD+ AMOLED display that supports a resolution of 2448 x 1080 pixels, 165Hz Refresh Rate, 720Hz Touch Sampling Rate. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, and is home to an In-Display Fingerprint scanner.
The device runs on Android 12, and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, an Adreno 730 GPU, and has a GameCool 6 cooling system that reduces temperature by up to 10 degrees celsius. The phone has 8GB/12GB/16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 256GB/512GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
ASUS has packed a 6000mAh battery on the ROG Phone 6, and it supports 65W Quick Charge 5.0, PD 3.0. The device has Dual USB Type-C ports, one at the bottom and one on the side.
The rear camera array on the ROG Phone 6 consists of triple lenses with a 50 megapixels Sony IMX 766 sensor that has a 1/1.56” large sensor size, 1 µm pixel size, an f/1.9 aperture, a 13MP Ultra-wide angle lens, a 5MP Macro sensor, and an LED Flash. The selfie lens on the phone is a 12MP sensor.
Connectivity-wise, the ROG Phone 6 supports Dual SIM cards, 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, 2.4GHz/ 5GHz/ 6GHz WiFi, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and NavIC. Sensors on the smartphone include an In-display fingerprint sensor, face recognition, accelerometer, e-compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient-light sensor, programmable ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 6 and grip press.
The gaming phone weighs 239g, and measures at 148 x 68.5 x 8.9 mm. In the audio department, the mobile has Dual Stereo Speakers, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Tri-microphones, Qualcomm WCD9385 and supports Dirac HD Sound, Cirrus Logic AMP, Qualcomm WCD9385, Hi-Res audio. The device is rated for IPX4 water splash resistance. The ROG Phone 6 will come in 2 colours: Phantom Black and Storm White.
What are the differences between the ASUS ROG Phone 6 and ROG Phone 6 Pro?
The regular model has an illuminated ROG logo on the rear panel, while the ROG Phone 6 Pro has a PMOLED display on the back. The Pro model has up to 18GB of LPDDR5 RAM.
ASUS ROG Phone 6 Specs
- Operating system: Android 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 730, GameCool 6 cooling system reduces temperature by up to 10 degrees Celsius
- Memory: 8GB/12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1
- Battery: 6000mAh, 65W Quick Charge 5.0, PD 3.0, Dual USB Type-C ports (bottom and side)
- Main Cameras: 50MP Sony IMX 766, 1/1.56” large sensor size, 1 µm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture + 13MP Ultra-wide angle lens + 5MP Macro sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 12MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, 2.4GHz/ 5GHz/ 6GHz WiFi, Bluetooth 5.2, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive and aptX Lossless, Wi-Fi Direct NFC, GNSS support GPS (L1/L5), Glonass (L1), Galileo (E1/E5a), BeiDou(B1i/B1c/B2a), QZSS (L1/L5) and NavIC
- Sensors: In-display fingerprint sensor, face recognition, accelerometer, e-compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient-light sensor, ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 6 and grip press
- Weight: 239g
- Dimensions: 148 x 68.5 x 8.9 mm
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers, Dirac HD Sound, Cirrus Logic AMP, 3.5mm headphone jack, Qualcomm WCD9385, Hi-Res audio, Tri-microphones
- Misc: IPX4 water splash resistance
- Colours: Phantom Black and Storm White