ASUS has announced its next-gen gaming device, the ASUS ROG Phone 5 globally. The company decided to jump from ROG Phone 3, skipping the ROG Phone 4 moniker, for sentimental reasons in Asia, just like OnePlus did with the OnePlus 5.
ASUS has stuck with a dated design with massive bezels, but still managed to pack in a massive display that sums up to 6.78-inches in size. It is a Super AMOLED Full HD+ panel, that supports 144Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, DC Dimming, Delta E<1 Colour Accuracy and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
Since it is the company’s gaming phone, the ASUS ROG Phone 5 has some additional features such as ultrasonic AirTriggers (shoulder buttons), a secondary display on the back panel for RGB Lighting, Notifcations. There are 2 USB Type-C ports, including one on the side, that you can use to charge the 6,000 mAh battery. Though it comes with a 30W Fast Charger in the box, the device supports up to 65W charging speeds.
The device runs on Android 11 with ROG UI, and is powered by a 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G processor, with an Adreno 660 GPU. ASUS has gone a little crazy with the memory and offers up to 18GB of LPDDR5 RAM. That’s the ASUS ROG Phone 5 Ultimate, and it has 512GB of internal storage, the 16GB RAM version which also has 512GB storage is called the ROG Phone 5 Pro. The regular version of the device, aka the ROG Phone 5 comes with 8GB/12GB of RAM with 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, respectively.
The selfie camera on the phone is a 24MP sensor. The ASUS ROG Phone 5 has triple rear cameras with a 64MP Sony IMX 686 primary sensor that has an f/1.8 aperture, 1.6um Pixel size, assisted by a 13MP Ultra-wide angle lens, a 5MP Macro sensor and an LED Flash.
The phone has a fingerprint scanner and supports face unlock for biometric authentication. In terms of connectivity, the ASUS ROG Phone 5 supports dual sim cards with 5G, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooh, NFC, GLONASS/QZSS/BDS/NavIC/GALILEO and GNSS. The device has a Dirac Quad DAC, dual stereo speakers, and manages to retain the 3.5mm headphone jack.
ASUS ROG Phone 5 specs
- Display: 6.78-inches Super AMOLED Full HD+ 2448 x 1080 pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, DC Dimming, Delta E<1 Colour Accuracy + ROG Vision Aura RGB for Notifications, Lighting
- Operating system:Android 11
- Processor: 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB/12GB/16GB/18GB RAM LPDDR5
- Storage 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1
- Battery: 6,000 mAh, Dual USB Type-C ports, 30W QC 4.0 Fast Charging (up to 65W),
- Main Cameras: 64MP Sony IMX 686, f/1.8 aperture, 1.6um Pixel size + 13MP Ultra-wide angle + 5MP Macro sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 24MP
- Sensors: Accelerator/E-Compass/Gyroscope/Proximity sensor/Ambient light sensor/Fingerprint/Face recognition, ultrasonic AirTriggers
- Connectivity: Dual SIM 5G + 4G, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooh, NFC, GLONASS/QZSS/BDS/NavIC/GALILEO /Support GNSS
- Audio: Dirac Quad DAC, Dual stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Colours: Phantom Black and Storm White
ASUS ROG Phone 5 price in India
The ASUS ROG Phone 5 price in India starts at Rs. 49,999 for the 8GB 128GB version, and Rs. 57,999 for the 12GB/256GB variant. The ROG Phone 5 Pro with 16GB/256GB costs Rs. ₹69,999, while the top-end ROG Phone 5 Ultimate with 18GB/512GB costs ₹79,999.
The ROG Phone 5 will be available for purchase from 12PM on 15th April, at Flipkart.