The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 India launch date has been officially revealed by Flipkart. It does come as a surprise, because everyone is awaiting the launch of the Redmi K20.
But it appears the gaming phone will be the first to debut here.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 India launch date
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 launch date has been set for May 27th in India. And since the phone has already been launched in China, we know all about the device’s specs.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 sports a 6.39-inch AMOLED Full HD+ display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. There is no notch, but it does have a forehead and a chin. The screen is equipped with an In-display fingerprint scanner.
The Black Shark 2 runs MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie, and is powered by a 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with an Adreno 640 GPU. The device will be available in 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM variants with 128GB/256GB of storage, and had an impressive benchmark score.
The optics on the Black Shark 2 consist of a 20MP selfie camera with an f/2.2 aperture, and dual rear cameras comprising of a 48M primary lens with an f/1.75 aperture, and a 12MP telephoto lens with an f/2.2 aperture. The phone is backed by a 4000mAh battery that supports Quick charge 4.0 over a USB Type-C port. Sadly, the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 specs
- Display: 6.39″ AMOLED Full HD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 430nits brightness, 403 PPI, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 108.9% DCI-P3 color gamut, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 @2.84GHz
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Main Cameras: 48MP, 0.8μm, f/1.75 aperture, 12MP telephoto lens, 1.0μm, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, PDAF
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, 1.0μm 4in1,f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, 2 X 2 mimo, MU MIMO, Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Battery: 4000mAh, Quick charge 4.0, 27W charging, USB Type-C
- Sensor: Gyro, Geomagnetic, Gravity sensor, Distance sensing, Ambient light sensor, Pressure sensing
- Dimensions: 163.61 x 75.01 x 8.77mm
- Weight: 205g
The device could be available in two colours: Shadow Black and Frozen Silver.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 India price (expected)
Based on what the phone retails for in China, we can expect the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 India price to start at Rs. 33,000 (RMB 3200) for the 6GB/128GB model.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 India launch date is just one day before the Redmi K20 China launch date.