Vivo has just announced a new mid range smartphone targeted towards selfie obsessed younger generation by offering a 16 MP Front camera with soft flash under a budget of Rs. 15,000. Vivo already has another similar device i.e. Vivo V5 (Read Review) which is priced a bit higher though and comes with a 20 MP front shooter with soft flash. Vivo Y66 can be considered the downgraded or lite variant of Vivo V5, yet tries to offer a good front shooter with flash for selfies.
Vivo Y66 sports a 5.5-inch 720p 2.5D curved glass HD display and is powered by 1.5 GHz Octa-Core processor along with 3 GB of RAM. It comes with 32 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microsd card and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) based operating system with Funtouch OS 3.0 on top.
In terms of camera, it sports a 16 MP front-shooter with soft flash having f/2.0 aperture and another 13 MP main rear camera with LED flash having f/2.2 aperture. In terms of connectivity, it comes with support for 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and is backed by a 3,000 mAh embedded battery. In terms of dimensions, it measures 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.6 mm and weighs 155 grams. It includes dual SIM card support, Smart Screen-Split feature and comes with 6 months bundled subscription of Saavn Pro for music lovers.
PS: There is no fingerprint sensor in Y66.
Vivo Y66 specifications
- Display : 5.5-inch 720p 2.5D curved glass HD display
- CPU : 1.5 GHz Octa-Core processor
- GPU : Adreno 505
- RAM : 3 GB
- Storage: 32 GB internal, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 3.0
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, 6 Months Saavn Pro Subscription
- Camera : 16 MP front-shooter with soft flash, f/2.0 aperture + 13 MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 155 gm
- Connectivity : 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 3000 mAh (non-removable)
Vivo Y66 is priced at Rs. 14,990 and will be available via offline retails stores.