Few hours back, we reported that Nexus 4 Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA update notification was spotted. Now Nexus 4 Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA update zip file is available for download. The OTA zip file which is available now is only 174 MB in size and it will update Nexus 4 from build number Android 5.0.1 LRX22C build to android 5.1 LMY47O build.
We are yet to get a official changelog, but we can say for sure that this release brings some bug fixes along with some additional features. We will update this post as and when we get a changelog.
Also, the factory image of Android 5.1 Lollipop are still not out yet for Nexus 4 , but if you are impatient then you can use the OTA update file.
Download Nexus 4 Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA zip file
Here’s the OTA image for the Nexus 4: – from 5.0.1 (LRX22C) to 5.1: occam-mako LMY47O from LRX22C
- Uninstall any additional modifications that you may have installed (e.g. XPosed, Adblock, etc.). Unless you do that, the update may fail to install.
- Install Minimal ADB and Android USB Driver
- Enable developer options and USB Debugging
- Download the OTA update zip file (link above)
Update Nexus 4 to Android 5.1 Lollipop with OTA zip file:
- Connect Nexus 4 with USB to PC.
- Open Minimal ADB, enter “adb reboot recovery” command and press [Enter]
- The device will reboot and “no command” will be displayed on the recovery screen. Press the [power] and [volume up] keys at the same time. A menu should pop up.
- Keep retrying if no menu pops up.
- Use volume buttons to select “apply update from adb” and use the [power] button to apply.
- Now in Minimal ADB enter “adb sideload ” command (don’t forget the space after sideload), then drag the update file onto the command prompt. This will automatically insert the filename for you. Now press [Enter] and wait.
- The device should reboot now and start installing.
If the guide above appears too complicated to you, just skip this and wait for the OTA update to arrive on its own. It should arrive soon on your Nexus 4.