If you have bought a shiny Moto G dual SIM phone, and want to update it to the official Android 4.4.2 firmware, you have come to the right place.
This update is only for the Moto G Dual SIM (XT 1033). Do not attempt to update with this file on other models.
1. Download the official Android 4.4.2 update for Asia from this link. Please check the filename and the md5 checksum value of the downloaded file.
The filename is Blur_Version.14.85.4.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.0 3.zip.
And the MD5 checksum value is 44f72f52d72e9e73e3f5c5d6447c2bf5
2. Copy it to your phone’s memory and turn off the phone.
3. Now you have to navigate to the phone’s fastboot menu. Press the “volume down” button and then press the “Power button”. Hold down both buttons for a few seconds until you get to the screen below.
Here are a few screenshots from the 4.4.2 update.
How to Enable ART (Android Runtime)
You can enable Android Runtime in a few simple steps.
Note: Make sure you have charged your phone to 100%, as rebuilding the cache will take a lot of time and may use a large chunk of your battery.
- First Navigate to Settings> About Phone and tap on the build number 7 times to unlock the Developer options.
- Then press the back key and tap on Developer options.
- Scroll down to select runtime and choose “ART”. Your device will reboot to build the new cache.
Drop a comment below if you found this guide useful.