Last week we told you that the Moto X Play would be launching soon in India.
And now we have a precise launch date.
The above image is a screenshot taken from the Flipkart app, which reveals the launch date of the Moto X Play as September 14th.
Here are some key technical specifications of the Moto X Play:
- 5.5 inch Full HD display with a pixel density of 401 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- 3,630 mAh battery
- 1.7 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- 2GB RAM
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 16/32 GB, up to 128 GB of expandable storage via microsd
- 21 Megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash, an f/2.0 aperture
- 5 Megapixel front camera
- Front facing speaker.
- Water resistant IP52 certified
- Wi-Fi, GSM/3G/4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
Zauba’s records shows that close to 19,000 units of the Moto X Play XT1562 have been shipped to India last week.
The import price of the 32GB variant, is around Rs. 16,700, so you can expect the phone to be priced at around Rs. 20,000, which happens to be the price it sells for in Canada ($400). The 16GB variant could be priced around Rs 18,000.
We will have more details when the phone launches later today.