You may be aware that YouTube is preventing people from using ad blockers, but there are ways to bypass this restriction. We are going to show you how to watch YouTube without ads on Android using NewPiPe. This is a free, open source client for YouTube which you can use instead of the official YouTube app from Google.
How to watch YouTube without ads on Android using NewPiPe
1. Go to the NewPiPe GitHub releases page in your mobile browser.
2. Download the APK for the latest version of the app.
3. Use a file manager and browse to the location of the folder where the APK was saved.
4. Install the app on your phone. You will need to go to your device’s Settings, to allow the installation of apps from third-party sources.
5. Open NewPiPe, and you can watch videos on YouTube without ads.
And that’s how to install NewPiPe on Android phones. Now you can watch YouTube videos without ads. It supports subtitles, closed captions. That’s not all it can do, you can use it to watch videos in resolutions up to 4K. The app supports playing videos in the background for free. It has a pop-up mode which you can use to watch videos in a floating player (Picture-in-Picture) in other apps.
You can use NewPiPe to subscribe to channels without logging into your account, the app will display notifications for new videos that are uploaded to the channels. Want to create and use playlists without signing in to YouTube? You can do that too.
NewPiPe supports downloads too, so you can save a video to watch it offline in any video player. Optionally, you can just save the audio track from a video, to listen to it offline. NewPiPe also supports other services including YouTube Music, Bandcamp, SoundCloud, PeerTube, media.ccc.de, etc. If you want to block ads in Firefox, you can follow our guide here.