While tabbed browsing can be a fun way to browse websites, accumulating a number of tabs can quickly become a cluttered experience. There is a better way to organize your tabs, here’s how to create a tab group in Google Chrome for Android.
You should ensure that you have installed the latest version of the browser from the Google Play Store before proceeding with the steps given below.
How to create a tab group in Google Chrome for Android
1. Open Google Chrome on your phone.
2. Tap on the tab switcher button in the top right corner.
3. Now, tap the three-dot menu button in the same corner.
4. Tap on Select Tabs. This will allow you to choose the tabs that you want to group or close the tabs. Mark the tabs for selection.
5. Access the menu again, and it will now display an option that says “Group Tabs”. Tap on it.
Congratulations, you have created your first tab group in Chrome. There are a few more things that you need to know, in order to manage your tab groups.
A tab group is essentially a folder that contains your selected tabs. You will see a thumbnail preview of each tab in the group. Tap on a tile to switch to the respective tab.
You can add more tabs to an existing tab group in two ways. The first method is to open a tab group, and tap on the + button to create a new tab. Another way to do this is to drag and drop a tab from the tab-switcher preview onto a tab group. To close a tab, tap on its X button. If you only want to remove a tab from the group, long press on its thumbnail, and drag it to the bottom of the screen when the “Remove tab from group” option appears.