As expected, Xiaomi Redmi S2 is now official after the company announced it an event in China. Xiaomi Redmi S2 tries to encash the selfie camera smartphone trend and offers a 16MP front shooter for selfies. It sports a 5.99-inch 18:9 HD+ display powered by Snapdragon 625 along with 3GB / 4GB RAM. It comes with 32GB / 64GB internal storage along with expandable storage support via microsd card and runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) based operating system with MIUI 9 on top.
In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear aliigned horizontally on the left side consisting of 12MP primary camera with LED flash along with a secondary 5MP sensor to capture depth for AI portrait shots. On the front, it features a 16MP shooter with LED flash for slefies & video calls. The fingerprint sensor is placed at the rear panel while there is no home button at front. . The phone is backed by a 3080mAh battery. Other features include a dual SIM card support and dedicated microSD slots.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 specifications
- 5.99-inch HD+ (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM/ 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano, dedicated microSD slot), Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 12MP main rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture + secondary 5MP camera
- 16MP front-shooter with LED flash
- Dimensions: 160.73 × 77.26 × 8.1mm
- Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3080mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi S2 will be available in Rose gold, Champagne Gold and Platinum Silver color options. It is priced at 999 yuan (~US$ 160 / Rs. 10,000) for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage variant while the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant costs 1299 yuan (~US$ 205 / Rs. 13,000) .