Apart from Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, the company announced one more smartphone today i.e. Xiaomi Mi Note 3 at the launch event in China. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is a flagship device with a full-screen display with almost no bezels, Mi Note 3 is a mid range smartphone and is an upgrade over Mi Note 2 launched last year.
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 sports a 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD display, powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon Mobile Platform with Adreno 512 GPU and 6GB of RAM. It comes with 64GB / 128GB of internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) based operating system with MIUI 9 on top. There is no support for expandable storage via microSD card.
In terms of camera, Mi Note 3 features a dual camera module consisting of a 12MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording and secondary 12MP camera with f/2.6 aperture, while on the front you get a 16MP shooter for selfies & video calls.
The phone is backed by 3500mAh battery which comes with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support.
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD display
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon Mobile Platform with Adreno 512 GPU
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Misc: Dual SIM, Stereo speakers, Infrared sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- Main Camera: 12MP with f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording and secondary 12MP camera with f/2.6 aperture
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Dimensions: 152.6×73.95×7.6 mm
- Weight: 163g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3500mAh, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Blue variant, is priced at 2,499 Yuan (~US$ 385 / Rs. 24,500) for the 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM variant, 2,899 Yuan (~US$ 450 / Rs. 28,500) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM variant, while it is priced at 2,999 Yuan for the Blue variant of 6GB RAM+ 128GB ROM variant.
At the moment, Xiaomi has not announced any global launch details.