After numerous leaks and rumors, Xiaomi has just announced its next flagship device i.e. Xiaomi Mi 6 at an event in Beijing China. Xiaomi Mi 6 sports a 5.15 inch Full HD 1080p display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor along with 6 GB of RAM. Mi 6 becomes the first device to bring Snapdragon 835 based on the 10nm FinFET technology, to China. Mi 6 features seamlessly integrated four-sided 3D curved glass as we reported and a stainless steel frame. The flagship device Mi 6 also ditches the conventional 3.5 mm audio jack as Androidpure had reported few weeks back. The phone is splash resistant, though Xiaomi doesn’t call it as IP68 indicating it is not as much good as IP68.
Xiaomi Mi 6 is priced at 2,499 yuan (~US$ 360 / Rs. 25,000) for the 6 GB RAM + 64 GB ROM variant, 2,899 Yuan (US$ 425 / Rs. 29,000) for the 6 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM variant and 2,999 yuan (~US$ 435 / Rs. 30,000 approx.) Ceramic variant with 6 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM . It will be available in China starting from April 28.
AT the moment, we have no information on the global availability of Xiaomi Mi 6, including that in India.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Specifications
- Display : 5.15″ Full HD 1080p display
- CPU : 2.45 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor
- GPU : Adreno 540
- RAM : 6 GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage : 64 GB / 128 GB
- OS : Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8
- Misc : Dual SIM, Splash resistant, Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Dual Stereo speakers
- Main Camera : Dual Camera setup with 12 MP with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS,2x lossless zoom,4K video recording and secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture
- Front Camera : 8 MP
- Dimensions: 145.17 x 70.49 × 7.45 mm
- Weight: 168 gm / 182 gm (ceramic)
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery : 3350 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging