As scheduled, Vivo has just announced its new mid-range smartphone with emphasis on front camera, targeted towards the selfie crazy younger generation in India. Vivo V5 sports a whopping 20 MP front shooter with Moonlight Flash with Sony IMX376, f/2.0 aperture which makes it perhaps the first ever smartphone with a 20 MP front shooter. Vivo claims to bring a moonlight flash concept which can take better and natural selfies in low light. How good the claim about moonlight flash is, wait for our final detailed review.
Apart from the front camera, Vivo V5 sports a 5.5 inch 720p HD display and is powered by Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor along with 4 GB of RAM. It comes with 32 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microsd card and runs on Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. It comes with a 13 MP main rear camera with LED flash with PDAF.
The device is backed by 3,000 mAh battery and is 7.55 mm thick & weighs 154 grams. In terms of connectivity, it supports 4G LTE with VOLTE. It comes with a hybrid dual sim support and a Hi-Fi AK4376 chip for better sound quality. The fingerprint sensor is embedded with the front home button.
Vivo V5 specifications
- Display : 5.5 inch 720p HD display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- CPU : Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor
- GPU : Mali T860
- RAM : 4 GB
- Storage : 32 GB internal, expandable up to 128GB
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376 audio chip
- OS : Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Camera : 13 MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF and 20 MP front-shooter with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376, f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.55 mm
- Weight: 154 gm
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- Battery : 3000 mAh
The Vivo V5 is priced at Rs. 17,980 and will be available for pre-order from November 16th to November 25th, in Crown Gold and Space Gray color options. It goes on sale from November 26th. The availability will be through offline retails stores across 22 cities in India and Vivo hasn’t announced any online partner for the device.