As expected, LG has just announced a new Q series of mid-range smartphones bring the much hyped FullVision Display with minimised bezels at an affordable price, which till date was only available with the company flagship device LG G6. LG has announced three variants of the device i.e. Q6+, Q6 and Q6α. The three variants offer different combinations of memory (RAM) and internal storage i.e. the Q6+ comes with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM, the base Q6 delivers 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage, while the most affordably priced Q6α comes with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of ROM.
Apart from the RAM and internal storage variations, all the three variants of Q6 sports a 5.5-inch 18:9 Full HD+ FullVision Display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform. The phone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat based operating system. In terms of camera, it comes with 13 MP main rear camera and another 5 MP front shooter for selfies. The phone is backed by a 3,000 mAh battery.
LG Q6 Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform
- Display: 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 442ppi)
- RAM + ROM:
Q6+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM
Q6: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM
Q6α: 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM
- Camera: Rear 13MP Standard Angle / Front 5MP Wide Angle
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Size: 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1mm, Weight: 149g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-B 2.0
Q6+: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Marine Blue
Q6: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Mystic White / Terra Gold
Q6α: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Terra Gold
- Other: Face Recognition / Google Assistant / Square Camera / Steady Record / FM Radio
The LG G6 will go on sale in key markets in Asia starting next month followed by availability in Europe, Latin America and North America onward. The company is yet to announce any pricing details.