We have uploaded the OTA file for all users of the XT 1033. Here is how you can install it on your phone.
Your phone does not have to be rooted for this procedure.
MD5 of the zip file: F917A3DCE8B3B2A7F16870818802A945
How to install the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update on the Moto G
Method 1: The easy way
1. Download the OTA file (linked above), and copy it to your phone. (check the MD5 given above)
2. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates. If you still don’t get the update, simply reboot the phone.
3. Once the phone boots up, it should tell you an update is available.
4. Install it and it will reboot to Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
If the above method didn’t work for you, try the following one. Neither of these methods will void your warranty, so don’t worry.
Method 2: Using the Recovery
1. Download the OTA Zip file.
2. Copy it to your phone’s memory and power off the phone.
3. Press the “volume down” button and then press the “Power button” to get to the Fast Boot menu.
4. Note: The “volume up” button acts as the selection button in this menu. So press the volume down key to navigate, and highlight “Recovery”.
5. Press the volume down button to enter the recovery mode.
6. You will see an Android lying on it’s back, and no menu commands. Don’t panic. Press and hold the “volume up” button for 10 seconds, then while still holding “volume up” , press the “Power” button, and release both buttons together, to see the menu options.”
7. Note: Now the Power button acts as the selection button. Select “Update from SD Card”
8. Select the downloaded zip and press the power button. It will take a while for the process to complete.
9. Once it has finished updating, reboot the phone.
Congratulations you have successfully installed the Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update on your Moto G.
The build number for the latest version is 210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.0 3
Apart from the bug fixes, stability patches, security fixes and other improvements, you get the following features with the update:
You also get the new Dialer with the colored tiles.
And the ability to pause and resume video recording:
You will also be able to send your location to your emergency contacts with Motorola Alert:
If you need help flashing the update, drop a comment below.
Source: XDA. Special thanks to Narendra Nagwan, Tomar (also for the OTA image) and Bala for reporting about the easy method.