Install Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM (Working Camera) on LG P500 optimus one [Cyanogenmod 10]
Few days back, we talked about how to install Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM on your LG P500 optimus one device. The custom ROM released by Developer and XDA forum member Rashed was initial release with some major issues like stability, Battery drain issues, Camera was not working and many other bugs. This Android Jelly Bean ROM has just got a major update release which has fixed many of these major issues like Camera, Battery drain and other bugs.
You should keep in mind that LG P500 optimus one device is officially supported only till the Gingerbread upgrade by LG and no official upgrades by LG will roll out in future for P500 after Gingerbread.
Almost everything works on this Jelly Bean 4.1 ROM which includes Camera, Video, Wifi, Bluetooth, 3G, all accelometers, Google Apps, most Project Butter related enhancements, all native apps, Audio and Airplane Mode. The ROM is pretty good for daily use if you can ignore few issues about which we will talk about at the end of this post.
What doesn’t Work
With this Jelly Bean 4.1 ROM, there are few issues and few features which still don’t work. Features that are still not working with this release include Google Voice and few errors with Google now.
- This ROM is only supported on New Baseband.
- You need root access on your phone to install this ROM.
- Custom recovery must installed on your device like ClockworkMod or AmonRa.
Files needed for Installation
You need to download two flash-able zip files first, the ROM zip file and second, the Google apps zip file for Jelly Bean. Download these files from the download links below and save it at a convenient location on Phone’s SD card preferably in root directory of SD card as you need to select this zip file using the hard keys inside the custom recovery to flash them.
How to Install Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM
- Boot phone into recovery Mode using your existing ROM power option with Power button (if it has) or by holding VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER keys simultaneously.
- Inside recovery mode, use Volume keys at right side of phone to scroll up and down.
- Perform user Data/factory reset>> Clear/wipe Cache >> clear Dalvik Cache. Dalvik cache option can be found under advance options in recovery mode.
- After this choose install zip from SDcard option.
- Select the ROM Zip file (the same file that you just downloaded from the link above) to flash. ROM will begin to install.
- After few minutes, the installation will be finished. Once installed press the back button few times to go back to the main screen of Recovery.Choose reboot system now and you are done.
- After you boot into the Jelly Bean, just reboot again and flash the Google Apps file.
- That’s all. After you are finished with the flashing, you can boot your phone and enjoy Jelly Bean.
I am using this ROM on my LG P500 optimus one phone at the moment. It is pretty stable in use now and almost everything works. Camera works too quite well, but with a small issue of flickering while using the Camera. Even the biggest problem of battery drain seems to have been fixed and even after using it extensively for few hours, battery still looks great.
We would love to hear some feedback from you if you plan to install it on your phone. Share it below as comments or ask us if you face any issue.