Here is our tutorial on How to Update Zenfone 5 to Lollipop.
The Android 5.0 update is available for the ASUS ZenFone 5 (A500CG and A501CG variants) with the T00F/T00J firmware.
The firmware version is V188.8.131.52 for WW SKU. We reported about this earlier today.
You can manually update the Zenfone 5 to Lollipop by following the steps below:
(only for T00F/T00J)
- Download the UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-184.108.40.206-user.zip from this page on ASUS’ website, and save it on your PC
- Connect the phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy it to the root directory of your phone’s internal storage.
- Unplug the phone, and you should get an notification on your phone’s taskbar, with an exclamation mark icon. Tap on it and you will see that it says a system upgrade is available.
- Select the option to upgrade and the phone should boot to the recovery, and begin installing Lollipop on the phone.
Yesterday, the company rolled out the Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for the Zenfone 4.