Nexus 5 is released finally by Google officially. As expected Nexus 5 is powered by Android 4.4 KitKat with models of 16 GB and 32 GB storage capacity. Nexus 5 is developed by Google in partnership with LG. The 16 GB nexus 5 is priced at $349, whereas the 32 GB model comes for the price of $399. There is no 8 GB model of Nexus 5 that existed for Nexus 4.
Nexus 5 is available today, unlocked and without a contract, on Google Play in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan and Korea (and coming soon to India), starting at $349. Apart from Google Play, Nexus 5 will be available soon at Sprint, T-Mobile, Amazon, Best Buy and RadioShack.
Even though Nexus 5 Specifications are leaked too much already and most of us know about it, still here is the official technical specifications:
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdrago 800 Processor, 2.26GHz , GPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Screen : 4.95” Display, 1920×1080 display (445 ppi), Full HD IPS, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Cameras : 1.3MP front facing, 8MP rear facing with Optical Image Stabilization
- Battery : 2300 mAh, Talk time up to 17 hours, Standby time up to 300 hours, Internet use time up to 8.5 hours on Wi-Fi, up to 7 hours on LTE
- Wireless Charging built-in
- Audio : Built-in speaker, 3.5mm stereo audio connector
- Wireless: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth 4.0
- Networks : 2G/3G/4G LTE
- Memory : 16GB or 32GB internal storage, 2GB RAM
Nexus 5 new lens along with optical image stabilization captures great pictures even with shaky hands and you need not worry about blurry pictures. A new HDR+ mode too comes with the new device which automatically snaps a rapid burst of photos and combines them to give you the best possible single shot.
Hopefully we will get our hands on Nexus 5 soon.