Boid App for twitter coming soon on Gingerbread
One of the Popular Twitter clients for Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich i.e Boid App is soon coming on Gingerbread phones too. Till now Boid App was only available for Phones running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ICS version. I am using Boid with multi account support as my main twitter client on on my Phone instead of the default App client from Twitter.
Boid App is still in pre-beta stage and hence does have some bugs, but the developers are working too hard to make it a great product when its out of beta. Even at prebeta stage, its a great app compared to the default twitter client.
Some of the features that we expect from Boid App when it comes out of pre-beta stage, include Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) compatibility, push notifications, better caching of existing tweeets, less memory usage and faster loading times etc. The forthcoming update 0.8.1 does try to cover many of these and hence we are keeping our fingers crossed.
v0.8.1 Changelog till now
- Fixes and improvements for media uploading and tweet composition
- The ability to view a profile’s favorites (when you click “Favorites” in the about tab).
- Push notifications (instant notifications for mentions and direct messages).
- Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) compatibility.
- Optional (can be switched off in the settings) inline media viewing, cropped previews of the media held in tweets is shown in your columns.
- Aesthetic improvements and general bug fixes.
- Significant image handling improvements, less memory usage and faster loading times for profile pictures and tweet media.
If your phone is having Ice cream sandwich and till now, you haven’t tried this App, do give it a try. I can bet that you are going to love this App.